Following the steps below should help your task forces
(and team) work more effectively.
Preliminary steps (lead by the systems
- ensure that the room and team meeting environment is comfortable
- ensure that enough team members are present to represent the team
- make sure that the team members know each other and their capabilities
- define the purpose and agenda for the meeting
Identify the task forces that are needed
- determine what issues must be addressed and how many task forces
- define the goals, responsibilities, and reporting requirements
for each task force
Assign membership to the task forces
- is the task force large enough to fulfill their goals yet small
enough to work effectively?
- are the necessary skills present within the task force?
- is the task force satisfied with their membership?
Choose a task force leader and assign member responsibilities
- be sure that responsibilities and reporting requirements are understood
- document all decisions in the meeting minutes