The product design lab (PDL) is a work space in room 35-307 that is equipped similarly to your team areas in Pappalardo lab. The lab space is maintained by Professor David Wallace.
You may use the lab primarily outside of normal Pappalardo hours and when course 2.00 is not using the space (item 8 in thelist below). You must also put tools away and cleanup after working so that the space remains functional for both 2.00 classes and 2.009 use.
The space is suitable for light prototyping and assembly work.
- I will only enter the lab after reading and agreeing to the terms-of-use.
- I will not give the combination to, or provide entry to, any person that has not also submitted their agreement to abide by the terms-of-use. A list of authorized users is linked to the 2.009 home page.
- I will abide by the 2.009 Pappalardo lab safety rules and only use equipment I have been trained to use.
- I will not work alone.
- I will not use the table saw, laser cutter, 3D printer, and miter saw. They are only to be used with the assistance of course staff.
- I will not work in the lab any later than 2 AM or before 6 AM.
- I will return all tools to their storage location in the room immediately after I use them.
- I will ensure that the lab and its tools are clean and tidy before leaving, and that the space is left in a useable condition.
- We will not use the space when course 2.00 is in pdl. Course 2.00 uses the lab 9:30AM-12:30PM on Fridays, and 2-5 PM on Thursdays and Fridays. 2.00 will also be in pdl Saturday and Sunday afternoon Nov 7 and 8.
- I will never take any tools outside of the lab unless I have explicit permission from the course instructor.
- If I have any concerns about safety, the space, or note that tools are malfunctioning or need service, I will email the course instructor promptly so that the situation can be rectified.
- The other students working the lab and I, together, will ensure that there is never more than 25 people working in the space at one time.