Team Project Management Sites
The team project management sites are being hosted at http://www.2009teams.com.
The site supports note taking, task lists, timesheets, file storage, and more. Links to each team's site are below. Your invitation to join your team's site will be sent by email before the first lab meetings.
|red team site||green team site||blue team site||yellow team site|
|pink team site||orange team site||purple team site||silver team site|
Tips for using your site
- Change your password from the dropdown menu in top-right corner with your login name.
- Edit my details --> Account --> Password (choose a password...)
- The project menubar lets you work with different parts of the site.
- Use Notebooks feature to take notes of team/lab meetings.
- This area has been prepopulated with pages for the team and each section to add information about the idea fair, first lab, team member information, and section officers.
- Use categories to organize the notebook pages.
- For section specific pages, use the name of the section in the name of the page (e.g., Red A Idea Fair Notes)
- If you have made a minor change (e.g., saving as you make changes), you can check off "This is just a little change" checkbox so that the version is not increased for minor changes.
- You can lock the file while you are editing it by clicking the "Lock notebook" button in the top right corner of the page editing area.
- Use the Files feature to store and share files related to your project.
- Use categories to organize the files.
- Use Time feature to keep track of the time you spend on 2.009 (activation and more details to come).
- Use the Tasks feature to create and delegate tasks to team members (system integrators only) and for yourself (more details to come).
- Use categories to organize the task lists.
- The Milestones feature has been prepopulated with the class milestones. System integrators will be able to add additional milestones.
- Use the Messages feature as a way to start conversations that are recorded in the system.
- Use the Calendar feature (in top left of page) to add events like meetings.
- Adjust your notifications settings under the dropdown menu in top-right corner with your login name.
- Edit my details --> notifications
- You can add up to 3 additional email addresses that the system will recognize you from, if you choose to post to the system via alternative email addresses. Add your additional email addresses via the dropdown menu in top-right corner with your login name.
- Edit my details --> details --> Add more details...
- There are mobile apps for TeamworkPM, but they have limited functionality. It is better to add the web page to your smart phone/tablet's home screen.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if new users need to be added, permissions need to be fixed, etc.