Notes and slides from lecture will be linked to from the course calendar as the semester continues. These notes are not a replacement for lecture attendance.
6.033 uses Saltzer and Kaashoek's Principles of Computer System Design: An Introduction (Morgan Kaufmann 2009). The text supplements the lectures and recitations; it should be your first resource when you are confused by a lecture topic, or want more information.
You can find PDFs with corrections to the printed and online textbook here. A more up to date version of the Part II errata is here.
All hands-ons are linked to from the course calendar, but here they are as a collection:
System CritiquesBelow are all material related to the system critiques, including both worksheets from tutorials and the assignments themselves. All assignments are also linked to from the course calendar.
- Crit #1 Assignment
- Crit #1 Worksheet (also linked to from the assignment itself)
- Crit #1 rubric
- Crit #2 Assignment
- Crit #2 worksheet (also linked to from the assignment itself, along with a Word version)
Design ProjectBelow are all material related to the design project, including both worksheets from tutorials and the assignments themselves. All assignments are also linked to from the course calendar.
- Design Project description
- Design Project FAQ (last update: 3/24)
- Design Project Errata (last update: 4/7)
- Preliminary Report Assignment
- Preliminary Report Writing Guidelines (includes midpoint reflection description)
- Presentation Assignment (Evaluation tips)
- Final Report Assignment
Excellent Writing Samples
DP Preliminary Report (relevant DP spec)
DP Final Report (relevant DP spec)