There is no new paper for this recitation; we'll continue to discuss Resilient Overlay Networks. For this recitation, we'll pay more attention to sections 4.2 and 6 than we did last week.
As you read, think about:
- Why does RON collect different application metrics?
- Why do you think RON collects these metrics in the way that it does? For example, using a moving average to estimate latency, or equation to estimate throughput.
- Based on the evaluation in Section 6, are you convinced that RON would work?
Question for Recitation
Before you come to this recitation, you'll turn in a brief answer to the following questions (really—we don't need more than a sentence or so for each question). Your TA will be in touch about exactly how to turn that in.
Your answers to these questions should be in your own words, not direct quotations from the paper.
- What is the goal of an evaluation section in a paper?
- How did the authors evaluate RON?
- Do you believe that RON would work at the scale of the Internet? Why or why not?