1. How does MacKenzie view the interaction of social and
technological factors in the development of inertial guidance?
2. How does MacKenzie use the term "Black box"?
3. What does MacKenzie mean by "heterogeneous engineering"? In what
ways is Doc Draper a heterogeneous engineer?
4. How did the problem of the vertical progress from a physical
impossibility to a "technical difficulty"?
5. Was there a "need" for accurate navigation?
6. What does MacKenzie mean by technological trajectory?
7. How is the accuracy of the missile known? In what ways is
testing not strictly a technical issue?
8. According to MacKenzie, why are technology and politics often
relegated to separate spheres?
Problem of the Vertical