Photo credit: Page Lab
"Production of sperm in human testis may depend upon expression of DAZ genes (blue)."
(Am J Hum Genetics 60:237-241)
The materials and information for this class can be found on Stellar.
This course covers
current understanding of, and modern approaches to, human disease,
emphasizing the molecular and cellular basis of both genetic disease
Specific topics include:
- the genetics of simple and complex traits;
- karyotypic analysis and positional cloning;
- genetic diagnosis;
- the roles of oncogenes and tumor suppressors in tumor initiation, progression and treatment;
- the interaction between genetics and environment;
- animal models of human disease;
- cancer; and
- conventional and gene therapy treatment strategies.