2 Realm Configuration Decisions
Before installing Kerberos V5, it is necessary to consider the
- The name of your Kerberos realm (or the name of each realm, if you need
more than one).
- How you will map your hostnames onto Kerberos realms.
- Which ports your KDC and and kadmin (database access) services will use.
- How many slave KDCs you need and where they should be located.
- The hostnames of your master and slave KDCs.
- How frequently you will propagate the database from the master KDC to
the slave KDCs.
- Whether you need backward compatibility with Kerberos V4.