- Faculty Directory
- Academic Staff Directory
- Administrative Staff Directory
- Pappalardo Fellows Directory
- Postdoctoral Scholars
- Departmental Committees
- Society of Physics Students
- Physics Graduate Students Council
- Undergraduate Women in Physics
- Graduate Women in Physics
- MIT Association of Postdoctoral Scholars
- Alumni & Friends
Name: Hong Liu
Title(s): Associate Professor of Physics
Phone: (617) 253-4853
Assistant: Joyce Berggren (617) 253-4827
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Area of Physics
- B.Sc. 1993, UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY OF CHINA
- Ph.D. 1997, CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY
Hong Liu's research interests involve string theory, quantum gravity, and theoretical elementary particle physics.
Hong Liu received his B.S. in 1993 from the University of Science and Technology of China and his Ph.D. in 1997 from Case Western Reserve University. He was a postdoctoral fellow at Imperial College, London, fom 1997-99, and recently completed a five-year research associate position at Rutgers University, begun in 1999.
- "UV Finite Brane Decay," Joanna Karczmarek, Hong Liu, Juan Maldacena and Andrew Strominger, hep-th/0306132.
- "Closed Strings from Decaying D-branes,'' Neil Lambert, Hong Liu and Juan Maldacena, hep-th/0303139.
- "Strings in a Time-dependent Orbifold,'' Hong Liu, Gregory Moore and Nathan Seiberg, J. High Energy Phys. 06 (2002) 045; hep-th/0204168.
- "Open String Star as a Continuous Moyal Product,'' Michael Douglas, Hong Liu, Gregory Moore and Barton Zwiebach, J. High Energy Phys. 04, (2002) 022; hep-th/0202087.
- "*-Trek: The One-Loop N=4 Noncommutative SYM Action," Hong Liu and Jeremy Michelson, Nucl. Phys. B 614 (2001) 279, hep-th/0008205."D=4 Super-Yang-Mills, D=5 Gauged Supergravity and D=4 Conformal Supergravity'', Hong Liu and Arkady Tseytlin, Nucl. Phys. B533 (1998) 88, hep-th/9804083.
- "Sweeping Away the Monopole Problem," Gia Dvali, Hong Liu and Tanmay Vachaspati, Phys. Rev. Lett. 80 (1998) 2281-2284, hep-ph/9710301.
Last updated: 04.01.2013