- Faculty Directory
- Academic Staff Directory
- Administrative Staff Directory
- Pappalardo Fellows Directory
- Postdoctoral Scholars
- Departmental Committees
- Society of Physics Students
- Physics Graduate Students Council
- Undergraduate Women in Physics
- Graduate Women in Physics
- MIT Association of Postdoctoral Scholars
- Alumni & Friends
Pappalardo Fellow in Physics: 2012-2015
Name: Yoav Lahini
Title(s): Pappalardo Fellow in Physics: 2012-2015
Email: lahini at mit.edu
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
77 Massachusetts Avenue, Bldg. 6C-4-337C
Cambridge, MA 02139
Areas of Physics:
Condensed Matter Theory, Condensed Matter Experiment
Yoav’s research addresses questions on the dynamic properties of periodic, disordered and quasi-periodic systems. Specifically, he is interested the interplay of disorder and nonlinear interactions in classical and quantum physics, in the study of quantum walks and quantum many-body dynamics, and in the study of topological effects in quasi-periodic systems.
Yoav Lahini is completing his Ph.D. in experimental physics at the Weizmann Institute of Science in Israel working with Prof. Yaron Silberberg. Before going to Weizmann, Yoav earned his B.Sc. in physics at the Hebrew University. He is originally from Jerusalem, Israel.
- Y. Lahini, A. Avidan, F. Pozzi, M. Sorel, R. Morandotti, D. N. Christodoulides and Y. Silberberg: “Anderson localization and nonlinearity in one-dimensional photonic lattices” Physical Review Letters. 100, 013906 (2008).
- Y. Lahini, R. Pugatch, F. Pozzi, M. Sorel, R. Morandotti, N. Davidson, and Y. Silberberg," Observation of a localization transition in quasi-periodic photonic lattices" Physical Review Letters 103, 013901 (2009).
- Y. Bromberg Y. Lahini, E. Small and Y. Silberberg, "Hanbury-Brown and Twiss interferometry with interacting photons" Nature Photonics 4, 721 (2010).
- Y. Lahini, Y. Bromberg and Y. Silberberg. “Quantum correlations in two-particle Anderson localization” Physical Review Letters 105, 163905 (2010).
- K. E. Kraus, Y. Lahini, Z. Ringler, M. Verbin and O. Zilberberg “Topological states and adiabatic pumping in quasicrystals” arXiv:1109.5983.