Policies & Procedures
- Emergency Information
- Departmental Policies
- Education Guidelines for Faculty and Teaching Staff
- Advice for New Faculty
- For Junior Faculty
- Course Website Policies
- Course Website Form
- Mentoring Policy
- Staff Rules & Policies
- Postdoctoral Information Guide
- Postdoctoral Performance Review Recommendations
- Harassment Policy
- Faculty Leave Request Form
- Fiscal Procedures
- Pappalardo Room Reservation Form
- Departmental Committees
- MIT Policies
- Rules and Regulations of the Faculty
- New Employee Orientation
- Center for Work, Family, and Personal Life
- Disability Services
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Employee Self-Service
- Harassment Policy
- HR-Payroll Service Center
- MIT Faculty Open-Access Policy for Scholarly Articles
- MIT Holidays
- MIT Mentoring Booklet
- MIT Postdoctoral Information Guide
- Organization for Employee Development
- Rewards and Recognition
- Training and Professional Development
- School of Science Policies
Room Reservation Form for Pappalardo Community Room
Pappalardo Community Room (4-349) Usage Rules:
- Reservations are taken via the online form online with preference given to the physics community.
- The lobby area outside the Pappalardo Community Room is not available for use as a reception space or meeting space due its proximity to the Physics Reading Room, classrooms, and Department research offices.
- Keys for the Pappalardo Room are available in 4-304. You will be required to sign for use of the key; the key has to be returned to 4-304 immediately after the event.
- Standard Room arrangement for the Pappalardo Community Room is illustrated in this PDF(40KB). We encourage you to configure the room in the way that best suits your needs but ask that you return the room to the configuration below prior to returning the key to Headquarters.
- When reserving the room, please be sure request adequate time for your vendors to make their delivers and adequate set-up time. Please note the room is heavily used and you will need to schedule time in the room for vendors to return for their items. The Department cannot coordinate vendor deliveries.
- Audio-visual equipment is available through MIT AV at x3-2808.
- Please be sure to remove all items that you’ve brought to the room, wipe down the tables if you’ve had food in the room, lock the room, and turn off the lights.
- In rare circumstances, we may have to ask you to relocate your event to an alternative location.
- If the room was used for a large event with food or is no longer clean, please make cleaning arrangements by calling 3-7923 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Department is not responsible for items left in the room after events.
- We hope that you enjoy the use of our facilities and respect them as if they were your own.
For comments and questions, please contact Nina Wu at email@example.com.