- Programs for Prospective Students
- Undergraduate Program
- Graduate Program
- Visit MIT Physics
- MIT Facts
- How To GaMIT (Get Around MIT)
- Life in Boston & Cambridge
Frequently Asked Questions
- Must I have a degree in physics in order to apply to this graduate program?
- What are the requirements to complete a PhD?
- Can I take courses at other schools nearby?
- How many years does it take to complete the PhD requirements?
- Is there a fixed period of financial support?
- How many applications are submitted each year? How many students are accepted?
- What are the minimum GRE, GPA, and English language exam scores for admitted applicants?
- What factors are considered in the application review process?
- How can I arrange a visit to the Physics Department?
- When is the deadline for applying to the Ph.D. program in Physics?
- What is the difference between September and February admission?
- My GRE and/or English language exam test scores will not be reported before the application deadline-- can I still apply?
- Does the Department of Physics provide application fee waivers?
- Does the Department of Physics provide English language exam score waivers?
- Can I receive an update on the status of my application?
- When will I be notified of a final decision?
General Questions Regarding the Ph.D. Program in Physics
The Application Process