- Programs for Prospective Students
- Undergraduate Program
- Graduate Program
- Visit MIT Physics
- MIT Facts
- How To GaMIT (Get Around MIT)
- Life in Boston & Cambridge
Frequently Asked Questions
For Prospective Undergraduate Students
- Does the Physics Department accept AP credit?
- Does the Physics Department grant credit for the International Baccalaureate or G.C.E. "A" Level Exams?
- How can I receive Physics transfer credit?
- When are the Advanced Standing/Validation Exams offered?
- What topics are covered on the 8.01 and 8.02 Advanced Standing Exams?
- Do I have to pass 8.01 before I take 8.02?
- I registered for 8.012 but did not get in because of the lottery. What do I do now?
- Does class year (i.e., Sophomore, Junior, Senior) carry any weight in the 8.012 lottery?
- Can I switch between the various versions of 8.01 or 8.02?