- MIT Students: All registered MIT undergraduates in good academic standing, including transfer students.
- Wellesley College Students: Wellesley undergraduates may participate in UROP through the MIT-Wellesley Exchange Program.
- Students participating in the Cambridge-MIT Exchange, during their semester(s) of study at MIT
However, the following individuals are not eligible to UROP at MIT:
- Undergraduates from institutions other than those listed above.
- MIT students who have officially received a bachelor's degree, unless they are working toward another bachelor's degree.
- Incoming MIT freshman during the summer prior to fall enrollment.
- MIT students required to withdraw from the Institute by the Committee on Academic Performance (CAP).
NOTE: It is inadvisable for students on Academic Warning to pursue a UROP. If you are on Warning, consult your academic advisor before beginning a UROP.