Since UROP is an academic program there are a number of guidelines in place for participants. Click on one of the links below to jump to detailed information on participation guidelines and program expectations.
- Safety Requirements: Information on Institute Health and Safety requirements and training resources.
- Ethical Expectations: UROP participants are expected to conduct themselves with the same integrity and high standards of conduct expected of all members of the MIT community. The Institute is extraordinarily diverse, and the ability to work with others is important. This section provides helpful tips, guidelines and resources to help you understand these ethical expectations.
- UROP Proposal Content and Format: Guidelines for what to include and how to format your UROP proposals.
- Sample Proposals: examples of proposals submitted in a variety of disciplines to serve as a guide in your own proposal writing.
- UROP Evaluations: Evaluations are an invaluable means for UROP staff to find out how UROP is working, so please review the evaluations page for information on how to submit your evaluation at the end of the term.
- MIT/CME Students: Application guidelines and procedures for MIT and CME students interested in applying for UROPs.
- Wellesley Students: Application guidelines and procedures for Wellesley College students interested in applying for UROPs.
- MIT International Students: Special guidelines and restrictions that apply to international students conducting UROP research.
- Patents & Copyrights: Guidelines for how ownership of patents relating to UROP students' inventions are handled at MIT.
- Confidentiality & Intellectual Property Agreements: Information and advice regarding how to handle requests to sign confidentiality, intellectual property, or other agreements for your UROP.
- Off-Campus UROPs: Guidelines for those who plan to conduct MIT research away from campus, within the U.S.
- UROP-Related Travel Forms: If your UROP will involve either domestic or international travel, you are required to submit travel forms in addition to your UROP application.