Table of Contents
- Undergraduates and Their Advisors
- Outline of the Undergraduate Program
- Registration for Fall and Spring Terms
- Independent Activities Period (IAP)
- Summer Session
- Regulations Pertaining to Classes
- Progressing Through MIT
- Special Programs and Situations
- Supplementary Programs
- Non-Degree Study
- Academic Standards and End-of-Term Procedures
- Withdrawal and Readmission Procedures
ABOUT THIS GUIDE
This site serves as a guide to academic regulations and procedures for MIT undergraduates and their advisors. It points to information on advising, the undergraduate curriculum, registration, examinations and grading, petitions, changes in status, special situations and programs, graduation rules, and other issues related to academic life.
The information includes mandatory regulations enacted by the Faculty and also contained in Rules and Regulations of the Faculty, as well as procedures established by Faculty committees and administrative offices.
This guide is intended to complement the MIT Bulletin: Course Catalog, and references to that document as the MIT Bulletin are made whenever relevant.
The Office of Faculty Support has recently revised the Guide so that it does not duplicate information found elsewhere on the MIT websites but instead links to those sites. The Guide was originally co-authored with the Committee on Academic Performance (CAP) which now maintains its own site detailing the CAP's policies and procedures.