About the Committee: CAP Membership
The CAP is composed of nine voting members and seven ex officio members.
The Dean for Undergraduate Education (DUE) designates two ex officio members, the Medical Director designates one. Others serve in functions defined in the Faculty Rules. Ex officio members provide information but do not vote.
If you have a question for the Committee, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the CAP Administrator in room 7-104, 617-253-4164. It is not appropriate to contact Committee members directly to inquire about a decision or influence a vote.
Of the nine voting members, six are faculty (including the Chair) and three are students.
- Prof. Scott Hughes (Chair), Physics
- Prof. Robert Berwick, Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
- Prof. Tanja Bosak, Earth, Atmospheric & Planetary Sciences
- Prof. Nazli Choucri, Political Science
- Prof. Kristala Jones Prather, Chemical Engineering
- Prof. Merritt Roe Smith, Science, Technology, and Society
- Jeannette Maisano-Brown '17, Physics
- Obasi Onuoha '17, Computer Science & Engineering
- Jade Philipoom '17, Computer Science & Engineering and Mathematics
Ex Officio Members
- Ms. Leslie Bridson, Student Financial Services
- Dean DiOnetta Jones Crayton, Office of Minority Education/DUE
- Dr. Haleh Rokni, MIT Medical
- Dean Kathleen Monagle, Student Disabilities Services
- Dean Julie Norman, Office of Undergraduate Advising and Academic Programming/DUE
- Dean David Randall, Student Support and Wellness
- Ms. Ri Romano, Registrar's Office