MITCommittee on Academic Performance

Petition Process: Types of Petitions

The Committee on Academic Performance (CAP) considers petition requests (from registered undergraduates only) in two main categories:

  1. Late changes to registration, including adding a subject, dropping a subject, or changing subject grading or registration status. These petitions are submitted online.
  2. Other petitions, including requests to exceed credit limits, drop a subject with a grade of Incomplete, or register following a hold.These petitions are submitted on paper forms.

Consult the CAP Administrator for situations not mentioned here.