Types of Petitions: Changing the Grading or Registration Status of a Subject
If you missed the deadline for any of the following changes to grading or registration status of a subject, in the current or a previous term, you may petition the CAP for a Late Change of Status. The Committee uses a single petition form for all of these changes. See the Petition Process section for details.
- Regular to Sophomore Exploratory Status
- Sophomore Exploratory Status to Regular
- Change Sophomore Exploratory Subject from Credit to Listener
- Letter Grades to Junior/Senior P/D/F
- Junior/Senior P/D/F to Letter Grades
- Credit to Listener
- Listener to Credit
Note that the Committee rarely approves these requests, out of commitment to equitable treatment for all undergraduates. Deadlines are generous and well publicized, and the Faculty expects students to make decisions about subject status in a timely fashion. When the CAP has approved such petitions, there has been clear evidence that the student intended to meet the deadline but was prevented by circumstances beyond her or his control.