Project Management: Mary Enterline & Melissa Martin
A. Draft charter and work assignments
B. Revise charter and work assignments as appropriate based on team feedback
C. Set project schedule
D. Plan for and call meetings
E. Maintain communication both internal (with team members) and external (with consultants, sponsor, etc.)
F. Sustain project notebook (with assistance from team)
G. Compile progress/status reports to keep our team up to date on our progress
H. Troubleshoot issues as they arise
The sections below were assigned according to office, so that each team member is assessing information within their own area. The other offices assigned either have a connection/overlap with your main area of focus or have been assigned to balance the load of material you have to review.
Mary Enterline (firstname.lastname@example.org, x3-9763)
Melissa Martin (email@example.com, x3-3002)
Matt McGann (firstname.lastname@example.org, x8-5507)
Tamara Menghi (email@example.com, x 3-4733)
Maria Shkolnik (firstname.lastname@example.org, x 8-0691)
Jerry Whitlock (email@example.com, x 8-5612)
Each team member will begin investigations now. At our meetings each week, we will update each other on our progress and findings. By November 30, content assessment findings will be reported to the group and we will begin to brainstorm and develop our next steps.
While we are reviewing the current on-line and print content, we should keep in mind what we already know and what we need to develop. As we review our own content and contact other offices, we will try to address the following:
Phase 1B: Assess needs of students and advisors
1. Review earlier findings (what do we know already and what needs to be investigated?)
2. Review the work of the Advising Discovery Project (mit.edu/is/discovery/advising/)
3. Have you /your offices conducted surveyed or met with your constituencies regarding the content you provide?
4. Are you aware of other offices that have conducted assessments of this nature?
5. Team members report findings as encountered
Phase 1C. Investigation of best practices
1. Identify sites/projects at other institutions
2. Do you have your own contacts?
3. Are staff members in your area aware of any best practices?
4. Are staff members in related areas aware of any?
Comments and questions to