So how do I install ?
NetBSD-Athena was de-supported in May of 2001. It is no longer
recommended that you install it.
- First, find out if your hardware is supported.
- Get an IP address and hostname as part of
- Get the SIPB installation document. It is available as
, and we recommend you print it out before trying to install.
You can also come by W20-557 and pick up a paper copy.
- Generate an installation floppy (see above).
- Back up everything you aren't willing to lose. Things can
always go wrong.
- Insert the install floppy, and follow the instructions in the above
Feel free to ask people in SIPB if you have questions (x3-7788), or
send mail to email@example.com to get your
If you want to help develop and compile Athena software for NetBSD, we
would be extremely happy to hear from you. Otherwise, enjoy your