Record any part of your computer screen, including a DVD or online video clip, for demonstration or analysis.
Curate your video collection and use it in teaching or presentation. Share ideas instantly.
Free screencasting tools are available both as desktop applications and web-based services.
Here are some screencasting tools that are completely free to use; some do not even require a registration to let you get started.
We will be using Jing today, which is free and intuitive. No steep learning curve.
- Download Jing for Windows or Mac OS X
- Install it and launch it on your computer
- Register by creating a free account (instructions in Jing)
Use Jing to
- Take screenshots: Capture an image of what you see on your computer screen (mark-up tools for images available)
- Record screencasts: Record what you see and do on your monitor (up to 5 minutes of free videorecording)