Welcome to MIT!

You must inform MIT of your intention to accept, decline, or defer the admission offer. Please download the MIT Graduate Admissions Reply Form and return it directly to your department by April 15.

Click here to view contact information for all departments.

Graduate Readmissions

If you would like to resume a program interrupted by an absence of one or more terms please download the MIT Application for Readmission to Graduate School Form. Submit the form directly to your department.

Planning Guide

The Office of the Dean for Graduate Education is an Institute-wide support and referral office for graduate students and graduate administrators. The ODGE complements administration in individual Schools and departments and advocates broadly for greater education.

Please visit the ODGE website for updated information on graduate education costs and funding opportunities.

ODGE has compiled a list of MIT resources for graduate students with families.

If you specfic questions about financial aid, please visit the Student Financial Services graduate website.

MIT Medical

MIT requires that incoming students submit a medical history, have a complete physical examination, and document immunity against certain infectious diseases. Medical Report Forms need to be submitted before registering for classes.

All students must have health insurance that meets the requirements for the Massachusetts Qualified Student Health Insurance Plan (QSHIP). Students with J-1 visas under MIT visa sponsorship must have insurance that also meets United States Department of State regulations for themselves and their spouses and children who accompany them.

MIT Medical offers offer a single, centralized source for all your health care needs including comprehensive health insurance and care and treatment at our own medical centers. For more information about requirements and deadlines, please visit the MIT Medical website.


Incoming Graduate students must meet certain eligibility requirements to receive an MIT ID card. If these eligibility requirements have been met, incoming graduate students should visit the MIT Card Office in the basement of the Stratton Student Center (W20-021) to receive an MIT ID card. You will need to present a valid picture ID (a driver's license, passport, etc.) when requesting an MIT Card.

For more information please visit the MIT Card Services website.

Campus and Off-Campus Housing

If you would like on-campus graduate housing for the fall term, you must participate in the Graduate Housing Assignments Allocation Process.  The application will be available from the Graduate Housing website during the latter part of the spring term.  You must enter your preferences by mid-May. Please note: You need to have your MIT ID and Web Certificate to apply for housing. Without these two items, you will not be able to get into the site and will not have access to the application.

Please direct questions regarding on-campus housing to the Graduate and Family Housing Office, located in Room E59-200, at 617-253-5148 or graduatehousing@mit.edu. You may also visit the Graduate and Family Housing website.

International Graduate Students

International students must complete a set of online forms to apply for the F-1 or J-1 visa category. Please find information regarding these forms on the International Students Office website. These forms must be completed even if you have already submitted documents certifying sufficient funds with your initial application. Please direct questions to the International Students Office at 617-253-3795 or iso-help@mit.edu.