The Visiting Committees will meet at a location to be announced, where a full cooked breakfast will be served at 8:05. Beginning at 8:15 we will review the materials and plans for the day. There will be one morning and one afternoon review. Between the reviews, at 12:00, we will meet back at our base for lunch. After each review the committees will produce the first draft of their report.
Prior to the day of the ReviewThe Accreditation Coordinator will distribute copies of the Basic Data Form to each member of the committee as soon as they are returned by the organizations. Copies of the previous BDF and reports as well as IAP class attendance will be supplied where available. The chair of each committee will contact the FSILG Office and the Building Safety Facilitator to get an update on any known issues:
- Outstanding or recent judicial or other discipline problems
- Overall Impression
- Recruiting ability
- GPA trends
- Weaknesses and other concerns
- Safety concerns
- Maintenance Issues
- Inspection and licensing issues.
On the day of the ReviewEach committee will choose a lead scribe for each FSILG visited. A blank form to assist members of the review team in taking notes and preparing the group response is provided in PDF, TXT, and DOC format. After each visit, the committees will meet and share and compare notes and produce a preliminary report before proceeding to their second visit or adjourning.
Within at most 7-10 days after the ReviewThe remaining steps for the Visiting Committee are:
- The lead scribe for each FSILG is responsible for completing the report and obtaining agreement as to content, style, and grammar from the other visitors within two weeks after the date of the visit. Please consult the style guide (online here) when writing your report. The lead scribe shall set reasonable deadlines for the other team members to respond with comments on drafts, and will consider lack of response to indicate assent, in order to insure that the process proceeds without delay.
- The Visiting Committee's report shall return one of the following
- Recommend Accreditation
- Recommend Accreditation with reservations
- Not Recommended for Accreditation
The scribe or the visiting committee chairman (as agreed between the
scribe and chairman) submits the report for review as
described in the style guide.
The submission form accessed from the style guide completely automates the process of obtaining a quick review from the accreditation committee member on call, of generating a cover letter as described in the cover letter guidelines, of obtaining a final review, and of sending the report to the FSILG. The cover letter will be generated automatically based on the answers to the questions on the submission form.
- The work of the Visiting Committee is complete as soon as it has submitted its report using the online form. The cover letter will have informed the FSILG that comments are to be sent to the Accreditation Coordinator within five business days and will have provided further information to the FSILG about the rest of the process. Please do not call your report a draft! Only in the case of a serious factual error will it be necessary for the Visiting Committee to revise its report in response to comments returned by the FSILG.
- The Accreditation Coordinator receives comments, if any, from the FSILG alumni organization which are included with the report when it is forwarded to the Dean's office and retained as part of the annual full report as well as provided to the reviewers during the next cycle.
- The Accreditation Coordinator separates any suggestions for the Accreditation Committee and process improvement comments from the report, and provides them to the accreditation committee. These comments are not considered a part of the organization's report.
- In the case of "Recommend Accreditation", the coordinator sends the report directly to the Office of the Dean of Student Life and to the AILG board.
- In the case of "Recommend Accreditation with Reservations" or "Not Recommended for Accreditation" the Accreditation Coordinator presents the report to the AILG board for review at the next monthly meeting, prior to sending the report to the Office of the Dean.
- If a recommendation "with reservations" is returned,
- the report shall state that the organization will be reviewed again in six months.
- The next visiting team, in developing its recommendation, shall consider all aspects of the FSILG's operation (i.e. the revisit shall be a full review), and with respect to the reservations listed from the previous visit, how much progress was made since the previous review. In the event of little or no progress, the recommendation must be "Not Recommended for Accreditation."
- If there is progress but there are still reservations, the visiting committee may return a finding of "Recommend Accreditation with Reservations" and may also recommend specific intervention.
- However, at the six month period, prior to sending a Visiting Committee, the Accreditation Committee in conjunction with the FSILG office and the FSILG itself may determine that there is enough information available to know that a visit would not yet be productive but that the lack of progress and the reservations are not serious enough to change the recommendation to "Not Recommended for Accreditation".
- If an FSILG is "Not Recommended for Accreditation",
- the recommendation shall state that the organization will be reviewed again in six months, however,
- once the Institute starts an intervention, the revisit may be postponed in consultation with the Institute.
- The Accreditation Committee will remain in contact with the Institute with the intention to return at the earliest practical date.
|Assignments for 3 March|
|Assignments for 10 March|
|Time Slots:||9am||ΔΨ (No 6)|
|Assignments for 21 Aprl|
|Herman Marshall||Roy Russell|
|Steve Carhart||Melissa Hansel|
|Avril Kenney||Mary Linton Peters|
Volunteer PoolThe AILG Volunteers below, if data appears under Availability/Assignments, have responded. Thank you.
|3 Mar||10 Mar||21 Apr|
|Bryan Owens Bryson||ΖΒΤ||'07|
|Steve Carhart||ΦΒΕ||'70||21 Apr|
|Emily Cunningham||ΦΣΣ||Iona '11|
|Mike Feinstein||ΒΘΠ||'82||10 Mar|
|Bob Ferrara||ΘΧ||'67||3 Mar|
|Aimee Forsythe||ΚΑΘ||Hanover '92|
|Melissa Hansel||ΠΒΦ||'11||21 Apr|
|Avril Kenney||ΤΕΦ||'11||21 Apr|
|Jim Latimer||ΣΑΕ||'63||3 Mar||10 Mar||21 Apr|
|Herman Marshall||ΒΘΠ||'78||21 Apr|
|Patrick McCabe||ΘΤ||'80||3 Mar||10 Mar||21 Apr|
|Herb Mower||ΣΧ||'65||10 Mar|
|Liz Oltman||ΑΦ||RPI '94||---|
|Mary Linton Peters||ΚΑΘ||'92||21 Apr|
|Alex Pina||ΔΤΔ||'09||--||10 Mar||--|
|Roy Russell||ΦΒΕ||'79||3 Mar||10 Mar||21 Apr|
|Ernie Sabine||SH||'66||21 Apr|
|Dan Smythe||ΣΑΕ||'62||--||10 Mar||--|
|Alexander Stone||ΒΘΠ||StLawr '11|
|Emily Wood||ΠΒΦ||Villanova '05|
|Yumi Yasutake||ΚΑΘ||JHop '00|
"--": Not Available on date, "blank": Unknown on date
Name in italics: New Volunteer - Welcome!