Fall Orientation Activities Midway
The Activities Midway is the primary fall recruiting event for ASA groups. The 2013 Midway will be held on Friday, August 30th, from 230-430pm in the Johnson Athletic Center. ASA groups set up a booth with posters, pictures, flyers, etc. to promote themselves to the new students (both first-year undergraduate and graduate students) who will attend the midway. Groups also have a chance to perform or give a demonstration at the Activities Midway to recruit new members.
The form to apply for booth space can be found here. The deadline for the form is August 21, 2013 at 5PM EDT. The allocations of space and performance times should be out by August 26, 2013.
Please take note of the details and expectations listed below and contact us at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
Spring Campus Preview Weekend Student Activities Fair
The CPW Activities Fair is similar to the Fall Activities Midway described below, except that it is smaller, occurs during Campus Preview Weekend in April, and is primarily targeted at prospective freshmen.
The 2013 CPW Activities Fair took place from 1-3pm on Saturday, April 13 in Johnson Athletics Center.
Event Details and Expectations
We have laid out the following expectations of groups for our Midways. We set these expectations to ensure that Midway space is used fairly and to help us re-assign space as it becomes available to groups on the waitlist.
Sign-in and setup
- Your group must sign in with the ASA when you arrive at the Midway.
- Groups can start setup as early as 1:45pm.
- Groups MUST CHECK-IN BY 2:10pm or we may reassign to your table if there is a waiting list. Please notify us in advance if you will arrive later than that. If you are late to check in, your group may be fined $25.
- For the Orientation Midway, ASA early returns MUST CHECK-IN in addition to their group(s) checking in.
- If your group can no longer attend and/or perform at the Midway, please let us know AT LEAST 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE. Groups that cancel after that point may be fined $50.
- NO EXTERNAL SPEAKERS - you may use laptop or other similarly quiet speakers. This is to address numerous extreme noise complaints, allow groups to be able to speak to interested individuals, and for performances to be heard. ASA Board members may ask you to reduce the volume or turn off sound on any speakers if it is causing problems for your neighbors or performances.
- STAY AT/BY YOUR BOOTH - no handing out flyers at the doorway, no blocking the entrance or aisles, etc.
- Groups are required to stay within armsí reach of their table at all points and may be fined $50 for non-compliance.
- If your booth is not staffed *at any point* during that 2 hour period, your group may be fined $25.