Fall Orientation Activities Midway
The Activities Midway is the primary fall recruiting event for ASA groups. As in the past, the Midway will be on the first floor of Johnson (W34) on Friday, September 4, 2015 from 2:30pm - 4:30pm. The application for booth space is now closed, but you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the waitlist. Please be sure to read the rules for the Midway at the bottom of this page, and contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
Spring Campus Preview Weekend Student Activities Midway
The CPW Activities Midway is similar to the Fall Activities Midway described above, except that it is smaller, occurs during Campus Preview Weekend in April, and is primarily targeted at prospective freshmen. The CPW 2015 Midway was be held on Satday, April 18, 2015, from 1 PM to 3 PM in Rockwell Cage. Updates will come closer to the next CPW Activities Midway in 2016.
Booth Assignments and Performance Schedule
Because space is limited, by signing up for a booth, you are committing to have it staffed the entire time. Please read the expectations below before signing up for a booth.
The Midway space and performance time application is now closed. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the waitlist. We cannot guarantee all waitlist groups space, although we will contact groups off the waitlist as soon as a booth opens up. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
Event Details and Expectations
We have laid out the following expectations of groups for our Midways. We set these expectations to ensure that Midway space is used fairly and to help us re-assign space as it becomes available to groups on the waitlist.
The ASA Executive Board members reserve the right to remove groups and members from the Midway for any group's failure to comply with Midway rules and ASA Exec members' requests.
Sign-in and setup
- Your group must sign in with the ASA when you arrive at the Midway.
- Groups can start setup as early as 1:30 PM.
- Groups must check in by 2:10 PM. Groups that are late may be fined $25, and may have to forfeit their table if there is a waitlist.
- For the Orientation Midway, ASA early returns must check in, in addition to their group(s) checking in.
- If your group can no longer attend and/or perform at the Midway, please let us know at least 24 hours in advance. Groups that cancel after that point may be fined $50.
- Groups that don't cancel by the time check-in starts will be fined up to $75.
- No external speakers - you may use laptop or other similarly quiet speakers. This is to address numerous extreme noise complaints, allow groups to be able to speak to interested individuals, and for performances to be heard. ASA Board members may ask you to reduce the volume or turn off sound on any speakers if it is causing problems for your neighbors or performances.
- Stay at/by your booth - no handing out flyers at the doorway, no blocking the entrance or aisles, etc.
- In order to keep walkways clear for fire safety reasons, groups are required to stay within armsí reach of their table at all points. Do not block any entrances or aisles or hand out flyers at the doorway. Non-compliance may result in a $50 fine.
- If your booth is not staffed at any point during that 2 hour period, your group may be fined up to $25.
- Groups that leave before the conclusion of the Midway without permission from the ASA will incur a $75 fine.