Spring Campus Preview Weekend Student Activities Midway
The CPW Activities Midway is similar to the Fall Activities Midway described below, except that it is smaller, occurs during Campus Preview Weekend in April, and is primarily targeted at prospective freshmen. This year's Activities Midway will be held in ROCKWELL CAGE from 1–3 PM on Saturday, April 18, 2015. The application for booth space is now closed. If you would like to be place on the waitlist, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to read the rules for the Midway at the bottom of this page, and contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
Fall Orientation Activities Midway
The Activities Midway is the primary fall recruiting event for ASA groups. The Fall 2014 Midway was be held on Friday, August 29th, 2014, from 2:30 PM to 4:30 PM. As in the past, the Midway will be on the first floor of Johnson (W34). Updates will come closer to the next Fall Orientation Activities Midway in 2015.
Booth Assignments and Performance Schedule
Because space is limited, by signing up for a booth, you are committing to have it staffed the entire time. Please read the expectations below before signing up for a booth.
The Midway space and performance time application is now closed. To be added to the waitlist, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will release the allocations of space and performance times by April 14, 2015. We cannot guarantee all groups space, although we will do our best to accommodate as many groups as possible. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
Event Details and Expectations
We have laid out the following expectations of groups for our Midways. We set these expectations to ensure that Midway space is used fairly and to help us re-assign space as it becomes available to groups on the waitlist.
The ASA Executive Board members reserve the right to remove groups and members from the Midway for any group's failure to comply with Midway rules and ASA Exec members' requests.
Sign-in and setup
- Your group must sign in with the ASA when you arrive at the Midway.
- Groups can start setup as early as 12:00 PM (noon).
- Groups must check in by 12:40 PM. Groups that are late may be fined $25, and may have to forfeit their table if there is a waiting list.
- For the Orientation Midway, ASA early returns must check in in addition to their group(s) checking in.
- If your group can no longer attend and/or perform at the Midway, please let us know at least 24 hours in advance. Groups that cancel after that point may be fined $50.
- Groups that don't cancel by the time check-in starts will be fined up to $75.
- No external speakers - you may use laptop or other similarly quiet speakers. This is to address numerous extreme noise complaints, allow groups to be able to speak to interested individuals, and for performances to be heard. ASA Board members may ask you to reduce the volume or turn off sound on any speakers if it is causing problems for your neighbors or performances.
- Stay at/by your booth - no handing out flyers at the doorway, no blocking the entrance or aisles, etc.
- In order to keep walkways clear for fire safety reasons, groups are required to stay within armsí reach of their table at all points. Do not block any entrances or aisles or hand out flyers at the doorway. Non-compliance may result in a $50 fine.
- If your booth is not staffed at any point during that 2 hour period, your group may be fined up to $25.
- Groups that leave before the conclusion of the Midway without permission from the ASA will incur a $75 fine.