Spring Campus Preview Weekend Student Activities Midway
The CPW Activities Midway is similar to the Fall Activities Midway described above, except that it is smaller, occurs during Campus Preview Weekend in April, and is primarily targeted at prospective freshmen. The CPW 2016 Midway will be held on Saturday, April 9, 2016, from 1 PM to 3 PM in Johnson Ice Rink. Updates will come closer to the next CPW Activities Midway in 2017.
Booth Assignments and Performance Schedule
The Midway space and performance time application is now closed. Please go to to be put on the 2016 CPW Midway Space Booth and Performance Application waitlist to request a table and performance slot. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
Because space is limited, by signing up for a booth, you are committing to have it staffed the entire time. Please read the expectations below before signing up for a booth.
Fall Orientation Activities Midway
The Activities Midway is the primary fall recruiting event for ASA groups. Details will come closer to the next Orientation Activities Midway in Fall 2017.
Event Details and Expectations
We have laid out the following expectations of groups for our Midways. We set these expectations to ensure that Midway space is used fairly and to help us re-assign space as it becomes available to groups on the waitlist.
The ASA Executive Board members reserve the right to remove groups and members from the Midway for any group's failure to comply with Midway rules and ASA Exec members' requests.
Sign-in and setup
- Your group must sign in with the ASA when you arrive at the Midway.
- Groups can start setup as early as 12:00 PM, noon.
- Groups must check in by 12:30 PM. Groups that are late may be fined $25, and your table may be re-allocated to a group on the waitlist. We will start re-allocating booths promptly at 12:30 PM, so please be on time.
- For the Orientation Midway, ASA early returns must check in, in addition to their group(s) checking in.
- If your group can no longer attend and/or perform at the Midway, please let us know at least 24 hours in advance. Failure to cancel prior to 24 hours will result in a $25 fine.
- Groups that don't cancel by the time check-in starts will be fined up to $50.
- No external speakers - you may use laptop or other similarly quiet speakers. This is to address numerous extreme noise complaints, allow groups to be able to speak to interested individuals, and for performances to be heard. ASA Board members may ask you to reduce the volume or turn off sound on any speakers if it is causing problems for your neighbors or performances.
- Stay at/by your booth - no handing out flyers at the doorway, no blocking the entrance or aisles, etc.
- In order to keep walkways clear for fire safety reasons, groups are required to stay within armsí reach of their table at all points. Do not block any entrances or aisles or hand out flyers at the doorway. Non-compliance may result in a $50 fine.
- If your booth is not staffed at any point during that 2 hour period, your group will be fined $25.
- Groups that leave before the conclusion of the Midway without permission from the ASA will incur a $50 fine.
- Any music used for your performance should be non-explicit and appropriately censored.
- Groups may usually perform up to 5 MINUTES. Depending on each Midway and number of groups who sign up to perform, buffer time will be added. For 2016 CPW, you will have 7 minutes total to set up and take down and be off the stage.
- Please send your music cuts of no more than 5 MINUTES to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday April 8, 11:59 PM.