Spring Campus Preview Weekend Student Activities Midway
The CPW Activities Midway is similar to the Fall Activities Midway described below, except that it is smaller, occurs during Campus Preview Weekend in April, and is primarily targeted at prospective freshmen.
The 2014 CPW Activities Midway will take place from 1-3PM on Saturday, April 12, 2014, in Johnson Athletics Center.
Applications for a booth can be found here. The application is due by March 28, 2014, 11:59PM EDT. The application is available through the ASA, not through the CPW event registration.
Please take note of the details and expectations listed below and contact us at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
Fall Orientation Activities Midway
The Activities Midway is the primary fall recruiting event for ASA groups. Information about the Fall 2014 Orientation Midway will be sent out this summer.
Event Details and Expectations
We have laid out the following expectations of groups for our Midways. We set these expectations to ensure that Midway space is used fairly and to help us re-assign space as it becomes available to groups on the waitlist.
The ASA Executive Board members reserve the right to remove groups and members from the Midway for any group's failure to comply with Midway rules and ASA Exec members' requests.
Sign-in and setup
- Your group must sign in with the ASA when you arrive at the Midway.
- Groups can start setup as early as 12:40PM.
- Groups MUST CHECK-IN BY 12:50PM or we may reassign to your table if there is a waiting list. Please notify us in advance if you will arrive later than that. If you are late to check in without notice, your group may be fined up to $25.
- If your group can no longer attend and/or perform at the Midway, please let us know AT LEAST 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE. Groups that cancel after that point may be fined up to $50.
- Groups that don't cancel by the time check-in starts (Saturday 12:40 PM) will be fined up to $75.
- NO EXTERNAL SPEAKERS - you may use laptop or other similarly quiet speakers. This is to address numerous extreme noise complaints, allow groups to be able to speak to interested individuals, and for performances to be heard. ASA Board members may ask you to reduce the volume or turn off sound on any speakers if it is causing problems for your neighbors or performances.
- STAY AT/BY YOUR BOOTH - no handing out flyers at the doorway, no blocking the entrance or aisles, etc.
- Groups are required to stay within armsí reach of their table at all points and may be fined up to $50 for non-compliance.
- If your booth is not staffed *at any point* during that 2 hour period, your group may be fined up to $25.