Spring Campus Preview Weekend Student Activities Midway
The CPW Activities Midway is similar to the Fall Activities Midway described below, except that it is smaller, occurs during Campus Preview Weekend in April, and is primarily targeted at prospective freshmen. The sign-up for CPW 2017 Activities Midway Booth has not yet opened. The Midway will occur on Saturday, 4/8/2017 from 1pm-3pm. We will communicate sign-ups opening via ASA-Official.
If your group would like to host a CPW Event, here is a short bullet of details on how to do so (a more comprehensize list will be sent via ASA-Official and available on the CPW Event Registration Page):
- CPW: Thursday, April 6th through Sunday, April 9th
- CPW Event Registration goes live: January 17
- CAC Space Reservation through EMS: January 16
- DAPER Space Reservation through EMS: Guidelines and spaces available here
- Registrar Classroom Reservations: Now live here
- Event Registration Deadline: February 20th at 11:59 PM
- Event Cancelation or Edit Deadline: February 27th at 11:59 PM
Fall Orientation Activities Midway
The Activities Midway is the primary fall recruiting event for ASA groups. The Fall 2016 Activities Midway will be held on Friday, September 02, 2016, from 2:30-4:30 PM in Johnson Ice Rink. Applications for booth assignments and performance slots are due on Friday, August 19th at 11:59 PM EDT.
Booth Assignments and Performance Schedule
We are currently accepting late applications for Fall 2016 Activities Midway booth allocations and performance times. Please apply here: Fall 2016 Activities Midway Space Booth and Performance Application to request a table. We are no longer accepting performance requests.Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Because space is limited, by signing up for a booth, you are committing to have it staffed the entire time. Please read the expectations below before signing up for a booth.
Event Details and Expectations
We have laid out the following expectations of groups for our Midways. We set these expectations to ensure that Midway space is used fairly and to help us re-assign space as it becomes available to groups on the waitlist.
The ASA Executive Board members reserve the right to remove groups and members from the Midway for any group's failure to comply with Midway rules and ASA Exec members' requests.
Sign-in and setup
- Your group must sign in with the ASA when you arrive at the Midway.
- Groups can start setup as early as 1:30 PM.
- Groups must check in by 2:00 PM. Groups that are late may be fined $25, and your table may be re-allocated to a group on the waitlist. We will start re-allocating booths promptly at 2:00 PM, so please be on time.
- For the Orientation Midway, ASA early returns must check-in, in addition to their group(s) checking in.
- If your group can no longer attend and/or perform at the Midway, please let us know at least 24 hours in advance. Failure to cancel prior to 24 hours will result in a $25 fine.
- Groups that don't cancel by the time check-in starts will be fined up to $50.
- No external speakers - you may use laptop or other similarly quiet speakers. This is to address numerous extreme noise complaints, allow groups to be able to speak to interested individuals, and for performances to be heard. ASA Board members may ask you to reduce the volume or turn off sound on any speakers if it is causing problems for your neighbors or performances.
- Stay at/by your booth - no handing out flyers at the doorway, no blocking the entrance or aisles, etc.
- In order to keep walkways clear for fire safety reasons, groups are required to stay within arms� reach of their table at all points. Do not block any entrances or aisles or hand out flyers at the doorway. Non-compliance may result in a $50 fine.
- If your booth is not staffed at any point during that 2 hour period, your group will be fined $25.
- Groups that leave before the conclusion of the Midway without permission from the ASA will incur a $50 fine.
- Any music used for your performance should be non-explicit and appropriately censored.
- Groups may usually perform up to 5 MINUTES. Depending on each Midway and number of groups who sign up to perform, buffer time will be added. For Fall 2016, you will have 7 minutes total to set up and take down and be off the stage.
- Please make your music cuts of no more than 5 MINUTES. Submission information will be sent to each group with a performance time.
- If you submitted a request, please email email@example.com (forward the email from the submission form if possible). We will do our best to assign you a table in advance of the Midway.
- If you haven't submitted a request, please submit one here and we will do our best to assign you a table.