Strong student groups maintain connections with their alumni through emails and newsletters, invitations to alumni events, networking and career development events, and requests for alumni speakers, advisors, and mentors. The MIT Alumni Association helps student groups-including FSILGs, residence halls, athletic teams, and student activities-reach out to their alumni with services ranging from alumni lists to event planning.
The Alumni Association has provided the following resources and suggestions to student groups:
- Student Group Resources from the Alumni Association
- Request lists of your student group's alumni
- Develop a communication plan to reach out to the MIT Alumni Network (PDF)
- Keep your membership lists up-to-date with the MIT Alumni Association so you can find your alumni on the Online Alumni Directory and a historical list can be maintained. (PDF)
- Utilize the MIT Alumni Association's Online Alumni Directory (OAD), watch this tutorial.
- Networking with Alumni Tips