Bulletin Board Allocations
The ASA administers the bulletin board space in the infinite corridor (and adjoining areas) that are designated for student group use by the Campus Activities Complex. Some items of note:
- Bulletin board space is re-allocated every other year.
- You are never guaranteed to keep your space during a re-allocation.
- Groups can lose their space at any time during the school year if it is not being used properly.
The following allocations have been made to be effective starting February 7, 2013:
Timeline: Groups whose bulletin board space has changed (size or location) or that no longer have space have until February 6th, 2013 to remove their materials. ASA will take remaining contents of these boards down on the 7th and contact groups about picking up the materials. The new allocations will take effect February 7th, 2013 at which point groups should use their new space. Groups have until the 15th to fill their board. If it is not filled by the 22nd the group will be fined 25 dollars and warned. If the space is still not filled on March 1st, 2013 the board will be reallocated.
ASA has put together a document detailing the responsibilities of being allocated a bulletin board. Those responsibilities are outlined here:
- Keep your board filled - if it is not in a covered case, you must use background paper or large poster(s) to cover the entire space.
- Include your group name and contact information
- Include information about your group’s activities or issues
- Keep your board updated
- Maintain the condition of your poster materials
- Remove other posters from your space. Facilities has been instructed not to deposter private boards even if they look like they have public postering on them. You must remove and save the offending posters and then notify the ASA Executive Board
- Maintain your board when items fall off or are inadvertently removed
- Notify the ASA Executive Board of any vandalism
- Get permission from the ASA Executive Board if you intend to permanently modify your space (e.g. putting up display cases or plexiglas) or if you want to put up anything that will protude from your board more than paper and poster boards.
Applications2010-11 bulletin board applications
2009 bulletin board applications
2006 bulletin board applications
(MIT Certificates required to view)