Bulletin Board Allocations
The ASA administers the bulletin board space in the infinite corridor (and adjoining areas) that are designated for student group use by the Campus Activities Complex. Some items of note:
- Bulletin board space is re-allocated every other year.
- You are never guaranteed to keep your space during a re-allocation.
- Groups can lose their space at any time during the school year if it is not being used properly.
Finalized allocations for private bulletin boards starting in March 2015 are available here:
Timeline for the next cycle:
- 03/15/2015: Posters in wrong spaces or posters not yet taken down will be collected by the Postering Chair and kept for 1 week.
- 03/22/2015: Deadline for groups complying with all rules, which are listed at the bottom of this page. At this point, groups not using their new allocations may be fined 25 dollars, and if the allocation remains unused, the board may be reallocated.
For groups awarded locked cases, we will be in touch in line with the timeline about getting your group a key. Questions, comments, and concerns can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, including requests for extensions.
The following allocations are for February 2013-December 2014:
ASA has put together a document detailing the responsibilities of being allocated a bulletin board. Those responsibilities are outlined here:
- Keep your board filled - if it is not in a covered case, you must use background paper or large poster(s) to cover the entire space.
- Include your group name and contact information
- Include information about your group’s activities or issues
- Keep your board updated
- Maintain the condition of your poster materials
- Remove other posters from your space. Facilities has been instructed not to deposter private boards even if they look like they have public postering on them. You must remove and save the offending posters and then notify the ASA Executive Board
- Maintain your board when items fall off or are inadvertently removed
- Notify the ASA Executive Board of any vandalism
- Get permission from the ASA Executive Board if you intend to permanently modify your space (e.g. putting up display cases or plexiglas) or if you want to put up anything that will protude from your board more than paper and poster boards.
Applications2010-11 bulletin board applications
2009 bulletin board applications
2006 bulletin board applications
(MIT Certificates required to view)