skip to content
- All speech recognition software packages transcribe spoken language to written text. They require a voice profile for each individual and minimal training using a microphone.
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking for Windows XP/Vista/7 includes many features beyond text dictation: voice commands that allow for "hands-free" operation of the computer, transcription of recorded audio, and commands to surf the web.
- Utter Command for Dragon NaturallySpeaking Pro , is an add-on for NaturallySpeaking that uses an intuitive speech command system and set of applets to speed computer control across all programs. Utter Command lets you speak in command phrases, enables the commandline interface, allows you to place and click the mouse using a single speech command and allows you to go directly to a file, folder, website or keyword using a single command.
- MacSpeech Dictate provides transcription of dictation and some commands on Mac OS X. Does not allow for hands-free operation of a Mac.
- Windows 7 Speech Recognition comes standard with the Windows 7 operating system. It works best with Microsoft applications.