- 8/18/12: Thanks everyone for coming out to the Summer Classic Meet 2. It was a lots of fun. The results can be found here or on the meets page. Get excited for PROM VAULT!
- 8/17/12: MIT PROM VAULT IS ON!!! Sorry for the late notice everyone, but we are having prom vault on Sunday, Aug. 26th starting warmups at 4pm. Please check out the meets page for more details. Sponsored by MF Athletic.
- 8/12/12: INFO: At the moment the meet is still on, but it's possible that we'll get rained out. If the rain is light, we can still run the whole meet. But if it rains too much, we'll have to cancel because we cannot damage our timing equipment. The jumps and throws can still be contested (high jump, pole vault, shot put inside, and long and triple outside), but we'll have to cancel the running events. Please check back here. I will try to post a final decision as it becomes clear whether this is possible or not. Let's hope the rain holds off.
- 8/6/12: We have awesome parking for MIT Summer Classic Series Meet 2 on August 12th. We got MIT to open up two lots near the track for people driving in. Check out the map here or on the meets page. Also, the high jump will be contested. We have enough entrants. Please let us know if you want to high jump.
- 7/30/12: The MIT Summer Classic Series Meet 2 will happen on August 12th, 2012. This is our second and final full meet of the summer. More information is on the meets page. Hope to see you there.
- 7/2/12: Thanks everyone for coming out to the meet. It was a huge success. The results can be found on the meets page. We'll have another meet in about 1 month. Look back for details.
- 6/27/12: A few updates about the meet. We are going to have 200 [m] hurdles for youth. Also, the entry fee was a typo originally. Check out the
meets page for more details. Also, in the words of Steve himself: USATF clubs with 10 or more entrants who send rosters in by Thursday at 5pm get $1 off each entry. We are doing this to encourage preplanning. Thanks!
- 6/24/12: Finally an update. We are having a meet on July 1st at 12:00 noon. I am creating the flyer. Check out the
meets page for more details. Also, we are starting up summer sessions. If you are interested, please contact us.
MIT Pole Vault Club was established early in 2009 to give
vaulters in the New England region a place to practice and
compete during the summer months.
experienced staff and great facilities,
the MIT Pole Vault Club is well suited to help vaulters of
all levels improve and strive for their goals. We welcome
all levels of experience to the club including those hoping
to learn the event (for the collegiate decathlon, introduction
of the event to their high school league, or any other reason).
can look forward to:
- Two new UCS
#1900 pit (large landing area for safety - 1 indoor, 1 outdoor)
- An extensive
pole inventory of over 80 poles
(although we encourage vaulters to bring their own)
- An outdoor
and indoor facility to accomodate any type of weather
- A talented
and diverse coaching staff (including
two DIII All-Americans and a world level vaulter)
- A coaching
approach based off of a deep understanding of the physical
fundamentals of the event leading to good habits, clean
technique, and safe jumps
- A desire to
help all levels of vaulters
- Lots of fun
and of course, lots of pole vaulting
training combines drills, short approach, and full approach
vaulting. We also use video for self-analysis and review of
pro technique. Because speed and strength are so crucial to
the event, our staff can also assist an athlete in designing
a workout routine right for them if requested. We are located
at MIT in Cambridge, Ma across the river from Boston.
the MIT Pole Vault Club, we aim to create a fun and safe environment
for vaulters of all levels to learn and improve. We hope you'll