MIT Black Christian Fellowship
Friday September 20, 1996
By: Jennifer McCormick
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten
Son, that whosoever believeth in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting
life." John 3:16
- I. What is salvation?
- We are saved through Jesus Christ who bought us back from sin and death
with His blood. When we are saved we become children of God and joint heirs
with Christ. We are made new. We receive eternal life.
- a. Acts 4:12
- b. Colossians
- c. Romans
- d. II
- II. How do we receive salvation?
- a. Romans
- We must believe in Jesus Christ as out Lord and Savior. We must invite
Jesus into our lives and give Him everything.
- b. James 2:19
- c. Deuteronomy
- We must repent. To repent means to choose to turn from sin to God.
- d. Luke 13:3
- e. Acts 3:19
- f. Acts 17:30-31
- God gives us the strength to repent. All we have to do is choose to repent
and be sorry.
- g. II Chronicles
- h. Joel 2:13
- i. I John 1:9
- Once saved, we are always saved.
- j. Ephesians
- k. John 10:28-30
"...I am come that they might have life and that they might
have it more abundantly." John 10:10
BCF home page