Constitution of MIT Black Christian Fellowship
The name of the organization shall be MIT Black Christian Fellowship
Article 2: Purpose
The purpose of the MITBCF shall be the following:
- a) to provide a forum for the discussion of scripture and historical
facts pertaining to Jesus Christ and the Church.
- b) to provide a supportive environment that meets the needs of individuals
with past Christian training.
- c) to meet the unique need of Black students in a christian, social
- d) MITBCF shall be non-denominational and separate from any organized
church group or identification.
Article 3: Membership
Membership in the MITBCF shall be open to all members of the MIT community,
regardless of race, color, or religious conviction. Membership shall be
obtained by submission of name to a member of the executive committee. There
shall be no dues. However, members shall mae free-will contributions to
provide for the needs of the group. There shall be no distinction between
classes of members (i.e. such as voting or non-voting).
Article 4: Administration
- a) Decisions shall be made by the executive committee through a
- b) The quorun shall be three-fifths of the executive committee.
Article 5: Meetings
Reuglar meetings shall be held once a week. Special meetings shall be
announced at the regular meetings.
Article 6: Appointment of Officers
The executive committee (EXCOM) shall appoint new executive committee members
as vacancies occur. The executive positions shall be President, Vice
President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Activities Coordinator.
Article 7: Positions and Responsibilities
- a) President: To direct and arrange the meetings of the executive
committee of the MITBCF; to direct and arrange the regular meetings of the
MITBCF; and, to insure that the copy of the constitution filed with the
Graduate Student Council is current.
- b) Vice President: To provide administrative assistance to the President
and leadership in the absence of the President.
- c) Secretary: To report to the ASA the updated list of the EXCOM (& their
addresses) and to record pertinent proceedings as directed by the President.
- d) Treasurer: To submitto the ASA all such financial records as might be
- e) Activities Coordinator: To plan and coordinate special events and
activities of the MITBCF.
BCF home page