- I grew up in Lexington, MA and attended Lexington High, where I learned to juggle.
- I attended MIT for my undergraduate degree in Computer Science, where I learned fencing.
- Rather than leave during the dot com bust, I continued on to finish my Masters of Engineering with Tom Knight in the ARIES group, where I learned being a professor could be fun.
- I enjoyed a brief stint as an instructor at Olin College, where I made my mark for posterity.
- Finally, I returned to MIT for my Ph.D. with Barbara Liskov in the Programming Methodology Group, where I remain to this day.