I am currently a lecturer and a postdoctoral associate at the Operations Research and Statistics Group at Sloan School of Management. During the fall semester I was teaching the course Statistical thinking and data analysis at the Sloan School of Management. I also have done my Ph.D in Applied Mathematics at MIT.
Selected Teaching Experience
(More information here.)
- Instructor for Statistical thinking and data analysis. Fall 2014, MIT.
Textbook: Data Mining for Business Intelligence, 2nd ed.
In this course, we teach data-driven thinking, problem solving, and decision making. We teach analytics methods using the statistical software R.
- Guest lecturer for Reliability on supply chain networks and optimization methods for operations management. Fall 2013, MIT. (For MBA and graduate students)
- Instructor for Differential Equations. Fall 2007, Spring 2008, MIT.
- Teaching assistant for, Combinatorial Optimization, 2009, MIT.
Advising eight undergraduate students at MIT, 2007 – 2010. (I won Roger family prizes at MIT for the best mentorship.)
Selected Invited Talks
- “Analyzing Process Flexibility: A Distribution-Free Approach with Partial Expectations,” MIT Optimization and Network Game Theory Group, May 2014.
- “On the Performance of Adaptive Optimization: Theory and Practice,” INFORMS 2014.
- “On the Performance of Affine Policies for Two-Stage Adaptive Optimization: A Geometric Perspective,” INFORMS 2013.
- “Sparse Process Flexibility under Non-Homogenous Product Demands,” INFORMS 2013.
- “Combining Metamodel Techniques and Bayesian Selection Procedures to Derive Computationally Efficient Traffic Management Algorithms,” INFORMS 2012.
- “Simulation Based Optimization for Traffic Management,” MIT, February 2012.
- Several talks at Wake Forest University, University of Pennsylvania,
NCSU, University of Minnesota, University of Washington, Northeastern
University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, San Francisco Sate
University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and University of
Dr. Hoda Bidkhori
MIT Sloan School of Management
Cambridge, MA 02139