11. B. Qiu, Z. T. Tian, A. Vallabhaneni, B. L. Liao, J. M. Mendoza, O. D. Restrepo, X. L. Ruan and G. Chen, First-principles simulation of electron mean-free-path spectra and thermoelectric properties in silicon, Europhysics Letters, in press, 2015.
10. B. L. Liao, B. Qiu, J. W. Zhou, S. Huberman, K. Esfarjani and G. Chen, Significant reduction of lattice thermal conductivity by electron-phonon interaction in silicon with high carrier concentrations: a first-principles study, Physical Review Letters, in press, 2015.
9. B. L. Liao, S. Lee, K. Esfarjani and G. Chen, First-principles study of thermal transport in FeSb2, Physical Review B, 89, 035108, 2014.
8. B. L. Liao, J. W. Zhou and G. Chen, Generalized two-temperature model for coupled phonon-magnon diffusion, Physical Review Letters, 113, 025902, 2014. Highlighted in MIT News.
7. W. Q. Shen, T. Tian, B. L. Liao and M. Zebarjadi, Combinatorial approach to identify electronically cloaked hollow nanoparticles, Physical Review B, 90, 075301, 2014.
6. M. Zebarjadi*, B. L. Liao*, K. Esfarjani, M. S. Dresselhaus and G. Chen, Enhancing the thermoelectric power factor by using invisible dopants, Advanced Materials, 25, 1577, 2013. Highlighted in MIT News.
5. W. -C. Hsu, J. K. Tong, B. L. Liao, B. R. Burg and G. Chen, Direct and quantitative broadband absorptance spectroscopy on small objects using Fourier transform infrared spectrometer and bilayer cantilever probes, Applied Physics Letters, 102, 051901, 2013.
4. Q. Zhang, B. L. Liao, Y. C. Lan, K. Lukas, W. S. Liu, K. Esfarjani, C. Opeil, D. Broido, G. Chen and Z. F. Ren, High thermoelectric performance by resonant dopant indium in nanostructured SnTe, Proceedings of National Academy of Sciences USA, 110, 13261, 2013.
3. B. L. Liao, M. Zebarjadi, K. Esfarjani and G. Chen, Isotropic and energy-selective electron cloaks on graphene, Physical Review B, 88, 155432, 2013.
2. B. L. Liao*, M. Zebarjadi*, K. Esfarjani and G. Chen, Cloaking core-shell nanoparticles from conducting electrons in solids, Physical Review Letters, 109, 126806, 2012. Highlighted by the Physics Synopsis and Nature Nanotechnology.
1. H. Z. Zhao, M. Pokharel, S. Chen, B. L. Liao, K. Lukas, C. Opeil, G. Chen and Z. F. Ren, Figure-of-merit enhancement in nanostructured FeSb2-xAgx with Ag1-ySby nanoinclusions, Nanotechnology, 23, 505402, 2012.
1. B. L. Liao, J.W. Zhou and G. Chen, A magnetic analogue to thermoelectric effect: coupled phonon-magnon diffusion and the magnon cooling effect, presented at 2014 MRS Fall Meeting, Session CC.01, Boston, MA, Nov.30 - Dec.5, 2014.
1. B. L. Liao, Simultaneous enhancements of thermoelectric properties with "invisible" dopants, Presented at MIT Mechanical Engineering Micro/Nano Seminar, Feb. 27, 2013.
1. B. L. Liao, K. Esfarjani and G. Chen, First-principles study of thermal transport in FeSb2, presented at ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition, Session 6-18-2: Materials for Energy Applications", Houston, TX, Nov. 9-15, 2012 (IMECE2012-87018)
2. B. L. Liao, M. Zebarjadi, K. Esfarjani and G. Chen, Cloaking core-shell nanoparticles from conducting electrons in solids, poster presentation at MRS Fall meeting 2012 at Boston, MA, Nov. 25-30, 2012 (B9.14). Winner of the Student Poster Award for Thermoelectric Symposium.