Differences from Comet / Real World
<back to index>
- The speed of light is a lot faster. Radio communication across a solar system isn't quite as ungodly slow.
- This is space opera, not science fiction. Don't think about the physics too hard.
- You fall down when you take damage > hp. Make a death check to see if you're unconscious or unconscious-and-dying, and the death check is x5 instead of x3.
- Speed is adapted from Seventh Sea, not Comet.
- There's no base concept cost for shticks.
- (but big shticks have to have disads, and little shticks can be "out of concept", and when you're buying a new shtick all your old ones count, not just the ones bought with eps).
- Psi shticks are somewhere between magic and priest shticks; psi talents are more general than spells (and more expensive), but are required to use the shticks.
- Toughness starts at zero, and comes only from items and abilities.
- Normal people have stats of 3 instead of 5.
- There aren't any mooks, except as special cases.
- No splitting dice more than two ways without a shtick
- Things you don't have skill in aren't necessarily for 9s.