What is the deadline for nominations submissions?
The nominations for the 2013 Symposium awards may be submitted between April 1 - May 15, 2013. Nominations are now closed for 2013.
Who may submit nominations?
Nominations may be submitted by employers, universities, professional societies, membership organizations, associations, community groups, individuals, or other sponsors. You may not nominate yourself for an award.
What are the criteria for nominees?
The awards are a component of the US implementation plan for the international C3E program. Nominees should have a significant record of accomplishment, leadership qualities and other relevant attributes and should be a person in good standing in their field, with colleagues, and in their community.
- Nominees will be mid-career, with 10-15 years of professional experience including a focus on clean energy.
- Nominees will have made a compelling impact in their fields – within a company, team, university, or professional community, or as an individual.
- Nominees’ accomplishments should be sufficient to merit national recognition.
- Nominees will have demonstrated a strong commitment to advancing clean energy in their areas of work/expertise/experience.
- Nominees will be exemplary role models or mentors for others.
- Nominees will have helped to develop future leaders in their professions, avocations or communities.
- Nominees must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.