C3E Awards Eligibility
What is the deadline for award nomination submissions?
Nominations for the 2014 Symposium awards may be submitted between April 15 – May 15, 2014
Who may submit nominations?
Nominations may be submitted by employers, universities, professional societies, membership organizations, associations, community groups, individuals, or other sponsors. You may not nominate yourself for an award.
What are the criteria for nominees?
The awards are a component of the US implementation plan for the international C3E program. Nominees should have a significant record of accomplishment, leadership qualities and other relevant attributes and should be a person in good standing in their field, with colleagues, and in their community. In addition, nominees will:
- Be mid-career, with 10-15 years of professional experience including a focus on clean energy.
- Have made a compelling impact in their fields – within a company, team, university, professional community, or as an individual.
- Have accomplishments sufficient to merit national recognition.
- Have demonstrated a strong commitment to advancing clean energy in their areas of work/expertise/experience.
- Be inclusive leaders who have helped to develop future leaders in their professions, avocations, or communities.
- Be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
Note that there is a strong interest in identifying emerging leaders with 10 to 15 years of experience as award nominees. Alternatively, if an individual is at an executive level, please send their information to C3E@hq.doe.gov for inclusion on a future C3E Ambassadors candidates list. If it is not clear whether someone is mid-career or executive level, please submit a nomination and the Ambassadors will make the determination.
What questions are on the nomination form?
In order to submit a nomination, you will need:
- Contact information for the Nominee
- Contact information for 2 References (in addition to you)
- To be able to certify that the Nominee has agreed to be nominated and can be contacted
- To be able to certify that the Nominee is a US Citizen or a Permanent Resident
Nominees will be asked to separately submit the following:
- 200 words describing how she might use $8,000 to advance women in clean energy
- A one-page resume (longer submissions will not be accepted).
The full nomination form is available here in a printable format.