Welcome to the MIT Canadians Club!
Our mission is to connect the Canadian community at MIT across traditional departmental boundaries. We organize social, educational and professional activities for on-campus (and local-area) Canadians and friends of Canada to meet and establish new academic/entreprenuerial collaborations or friendships. We also organize cultural and Canadian-themed events to help bring a slice of the true, north, strong, and free to MIT's campus. Sign up for our mailing lists to stay informed about our events! Feel free to send us an email to suggest an event or become more involved.
Olympic Men's Hockey: Canada versus Norway, live from Sochi!Come and have lunch with us at the student centre as we show Canada's first match-up in Olympic men's hockey.
When: Noon to 1PM (food), room available until 3PM to watch the game
Where:Coffeehouse lounge, 3rd floor, Student Centre
Please RSVP to help us size the food order
Note, the event is generously sponsored by TD Bank, who would like to get the word out to Canadians in the USA about their new cross-border banking capabilities:
Banking capabilities for joint (cross-border) TD Bank and TD Canada Trust Customer.
- Ability to wire via phone up to $100,000 free of charge between personal accounts.
- Ability to view both accounts through one sign in.
- Ability to use TD's ATMs free of charge in both countries.
- Ability to apply for a US credit card on the basis of your Canadian credit history.
Hope to see you there!
Poutine Night Social!
When: Thursday, Oct 17th @7:30pm
Where: The Thristy Ear Pub in Ashdown
Contact: Keith Leung
We invite you to our annual poutine night social next week on Thursday, Oct 17th @7:30pm at the Thristy Ear Pub in Ashdown. We'll have plenty of free, fresh poutine for everybody and the pub will have Canadian beers stocked. Drop by and meet other friendly and fun Canadians at MIT. Come early before the food is all gone!
Canadians Research Symposium
What: An Exhibition of Research by Canadian Students and Faculty at MIT [click for more details].
When: September 23rd, 2013, 6pm-9pm
6:00pm - 7:00pm Keynote (34-101)
7:00pm - 7:30pm Elevator pitches for student and postdoctoral research (34-101)
7:30pm - 9:00pm Poster session (32-1xx, Stata first floor)
- Lunch with MIT Canadian Faculty - tentatively in late February 2013
- Leadership workshop with former Ontario Premier Dalton McGuinty - Tentatively early March
- Lecture and discussion with Diane Francis, editor at large of the National Post and author of a new book, "Merger of the Century" - Tuesday March 25th, 6:00PM, 3-333
- Canadian cultural coffee hour, Wednesday April 16th, 8PM, S-P Multipurpose room