ChemE Community News & Events
|MIT Celebrating 100 Yrs. in Cambridge, ChemE Open House (4/23) Photos|
|ChemE Sommelier Event (4/14) Photos|
|Postdocs Start of the Semester Social Party (2/26) Photos|
|Valentines Craft Night - (2/13) Photos|
|What is Cooking in ChemE? Department Exploration Event (1/26) Photos|
|Events and Seminars|
|May 9: ChemE Department Awards Ceremony, 3:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m., 66-110|
|May 9: Workshop, "Rethinking Global Health at MIT" [Details]|
|May 12 - 13: Symposium: Mastery of Nature: Promises and Problems. MIT Samberg Conference Center (E52), 6th floor|
|May 14: Symposium: Reflections on a Career: Connecting the Dots in Bob Cohen's Academic Family. 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., 6-120|
|May 17: Food Engineering for Life : Honorary Symposium for ChemE Professor Emeritus Marcus Karel. [Details]|
|May 18: Make your own Terrarium! Fun event brought to you by ChemE Student Office. [Details]|
|June 2: Annual Phi Beta Kappa lecture and initiation ceremony, 3:00 p.m. in 32-123.|
|June 29: Dow Chemical Company technology overview on the MIT campus. 2-5 pm, in 66-110.|
|See ChemE calendar for more listing of events and seminars >>|
|May 9: Sean T. Hunt (Román Group), 1:00 p.m., E17-517
- "Engineering Early Transition Metal Ceramic Nanoparticle Catalysts with Noble Metal Surface Monolayers"
|May 9: Connie Gao (Green Group), 2:00 p.m., 66-360
- "Automatic Reaction Mechanism Generation: High Fidelity Predictive Modeling of Combustion Processes"
|May 10: Yuran Wang (Román Group), 3:00 p.m., 66-110
- "Catalytic Conversion of Biomass-derived Molecules into Mono and Dicarboxylic Acids and Esters"
|May 11: Shefali Lathwal (Sikes Group), 3:00 p.m., 76-359
- "Application of polymerization-based amplification in point-of-care diagnostics"
|May 12: Helen Y. Luo (Román Group), 2:00 p.m., 66-360
- "Rational design and synthesis of zeolite acid catalysts for applications in biomass conversion"
|May 12: Jouha Min (Hammond and Braatz Groups), 2:00 p.m., 76-156
- "Nanolayer Multi-agent Scaled Delivery from Implant Surface"
|May 13: Yuqing Cui (Myerson Group), 9:00 a.m., 66-360
- "Nucleation Mechanism and Applications in Small-Scale Continuous Crystallization"
|May 13: YTsai-ta (Chris) Lai (Myerson and Trout Groups), 10:15 a.m., 66-360
- "Control of Polymorphism in Continuous Crystallization"
|May 13: Jicong Li (Myerson Group), 11:30 a.m., 66-360
- "Novel Continuous Crystallization Configurations for Improved Yield, Purity and Controlled Crystal Size Distribution"
|May 18: Nopphon Weeranoppanant (Jensen Group), 10:30 a.m., E17-517
- "Integrated Continuous-Flow Chemistry Enabled by Multistage Separations"
|Internships, Fellowships, and Job Opportunities|
|HHMI and Bill and Melinda Gates Grant for Worldwide Scientific Talent on Trialect. [Details]|
|Massachusetts Clean Energy Center: Summer 2016 Internship Session enrollment is open! [Details]||Department of Homeland Security: Summer Research Opportunities. [Details]|
|Graduating PhD & Postdocs seeking academic positions: See SoE's resources. [Details]|
|Chevron: 2016 Summer Internship opportunities. [Details]|
|ExxonMobil: 2016 Summer Internship opportunities. [Details]|
|OSISoft: Job opportunities for 2016 graduating students. [Details]|
|Johnson Matthey: Graduate Rotational Programme - Apply now! [Details]|
|Sandia National Laboratories: 2016 CCR Summer Intern Program. [Details]|
|Vertex Pharmaceuticals: Undergrad summer internships. [Details]|
|>>More postings for UROPs, full-time jobs, post-doctoral research, and other fellowship opportunities|
|Special Programs and Other Announcements
|New Fall Subject: 15.359J/6.901J "Innovation Engineering: Moving Ideas to Impact” 12 Units. [Details]|
|MIT Committee on Discipline - Become an Institute representative. Call for Application. [Details]|
|Peer2Peer student support service - Need someone to listen? Looking for a way to support your peers? [Details]|
|Have a good idea? Dig into Sandbox for seed money, mentorship, and community. [Details]|
|MIT’s iGrad financial literacy portal: Financial resources and tools. [Details]|
|MIT Veteran Students: check out campus resources for veterans. [Details]|
|REFS (Resources for Easing Friction and Stress): Feeling stressed? We are here to help.
Email: email@example.com | Website: web.mit.edu/refs-x/
|[Back to Top]|