Concise Project Description
The purpose of Hinrich’s fellowship is:
• to design and contribute to the implementation of international leadership programs such as the Climate Leadership Program (2009-2011) as a pilot program for
- bringing together professional expertise from the north and the south on the issues of climate protection and adaptation to climate change,
- creating networking possibilities for 60 leaders from emerging powers (China, India, Brazil, Egypt, Indonesia, Mexico, South Africa),
- applying and teaching innovative leadership tools inspired by Otto Scharmer's Theory U (www.theoryu.com) to facilitate the development of innovative solutions confronting climate change.
The leadership programs will include the development of prototypes on different aspects of climate change relevant to each participant's institution/organization. Prototype realization should take place in small trisectoral working groups.
• to co-create with international participants of leadership programs a leadership concept as an attitude and approach to create innovative solutions and answers to today's and future challenges
• to co-create, test and refine reflection methods and perception techniques using presencing social technology in the context of the above mentioned leadership programs
• to reflect on, study and document key learnings and relate them to other CoLab programs like the Green Hub
At the culmination of his Fellowship, Hinrich will produce a synthesis of his learning to be shared with other fellows, MIT, and the larger social justice community.