Leveraging the Power of Anchor Institutions to Build Community Wealth: A Community Forum
Learn more about the event here: http://colabradio.mit.edu/open-forum-hospitals-building-community-wealth/.
Welcome: Dayna L. Cunningham, Executive Director, MIT Community Innovators Lab
Introduction: Adèle Naudé Santos, Dean, MIT School of Architecture and Planning
Significance of Cleveland Initiative:
- J. Phillip Thompson, Associate Professor, MIT Department of Urban Studies and Planning; co-author of case study
- Ted Howard, Executive Director, The Democracy Collaborative, University of Maryland; co-author of case study
Remarks from Principals:
- Honorable Frank G. Jackson, Mayor, Cleveland, Ohio
- Thomas F. Zenty III, CEO, University Hospitals
- Steven D. Standley, Chief Administrative Officer, University Hospitals
- Q & A for panel of principals
Responses from Experts:
- Philip Clay, Professor, MIT Department of Urban Studies and Planning; Chancellor, MIT (2001-2012)
- Xavier de Souza Briggs, Associate Professor, MIT Department of Urban Studies and Planning; Associate Director of Office of Management and Budget (2008-2012)
- Rebecca Henderson, John and Natty McArthur University Professor, Harvard University; Harvard Business School, General Management and Strategy Units; Co-Director, the Business and Environment Initiative
- Thomas Kochan, George Maverick Bunker Professor of Management, MIT; Professor of Engineering Systems; Co-Director of the Institute for Work and Employment Research at the MIT Sloan School of Management; Chair, MIT Faculty (2009)
- Q & A to principals and experts from audience
University Hospitals’ Vision 2010 Case Study funded by the Cleveland Foundation.
View the event poster here.