CoLab works with community partners and labor to explore the intersection of democratic engagement, shared wealth generation and cities’ efforts to become more socially, environmentally and economically sustainable—the “sweet spot” of urban planning.
The sweet spot framework informs CoLab’s core mission to develop civic engagement models that sustain themselves financially while tapping into democratic and entrepreneurial practices to engage people in their own communities’ economic development. It’s within this aim to improve the lives and livelihoods of all members of communities that the concept of “Shared Wealth” or “Shared Wealth Generation” is born. Follow the links below to learn more
- Bronx Cooperative Development Initiative
- Green Economic Development Initiative
- Green Grease Project
- Mumbai Women's Biodigester Project
- Puerto Rico Research Initiative
- RAAS Waste and Recycling Project