There are many ways to give and show your support for:
- MIT Community Service Fund
- United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley
- Your Favorite Local Charity
Easy ways to make your charitable donation
Every Gift Counts
Philanthropy is sustained by gifts of all sizes from many people. See the impact your contribution makes:
MIT Community Service Fund
- $2 weekly donation = 49 meals for homeless diners at Project Manna
- $10 weekly donation = 18 Braille copies of a kids' science activity book from National Braille Press
- $50 monthly donation = 20 field trips for Cambridge school children through Science Club for Girls
- $100 monthly donation = 95 students' school supplies at Tutoring Plus
United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley. In 2010-11, the United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley:
- distributed over $30 million to ensure that children are ready to learn when they enter school, youth stay engaged in learning and graduate able to compete and families have stable housing and the financial stability to support both their basic needs and future success.
- ensured that 143,000 individuals and families received emergency food, heat and/or shelter.
- trained 15,000 individuals in basic job skills needed to compete in today’s job market.
- served 33,000 children in high quality programs within priority communities; served 198,000 youth, including 13,000 high-risk youth in high quality after school and out-of-school time programs.
- inspired 1,600 youths from 80 science clubs to learn about math, science and technology through fun hands-on activities organized by the Math, Science and Technology Initiative.
A few shocking statistics about Massachusetts. Did you know?
- Massachusetts ranks 50th in services to low income children.
- 1 in 5 children in the state are living in poverty.
- 50% of 9th graders won't make it to 12th grade.