United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley
Support a long-time partner.
A long-time partner of Community Giving at MIT, the United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley brings together a network of over 240 agencies in Massachusetts to focus on preparing children to learn, supporting youth in school, and lifting families from poverty.
Your gift to United Way funds poverty-reducing initiatives in job training and placement, budget coaching and financial education, affordable housing and homelessness prevention, and emergency assistance for basic needs. It also goes to programs that help youth and children escape the poverty trap, through high-quality early education and care, along with academic, mentoring, and leadership programs throughout school.
Over the last year, the United Way has:
- Helped recover $1.4 million for low-income families through free tax preparation services.
- Coached 1,629 Boston K-3 students during the Summer Learning Collaborative on improving literacy skills.
- Gathered $92 million in state funding to support strategic programs in areas of focus including
- Preparing children to learn
- Supporting youth in school
- Lifting families from poverty
- Leading social innovation
United Way focuses on families in Boston, Cambridge, Somerville, Medford, Everett, Chelsea, Everett, Haverhill, Lawrence, Lowell, Lynn, Malden, Medford, Peabody, Quincy, Randolph, Revere, Salem, Somerville, Waltham, and Weymouth. Learn more on the United Way website.
If you want to donate to an established and trusted organization working to improve the lives of underserved families in Greater Boston, United Way is a good choice for you.