Corporation and Visiting Committee Member
Travel Expense Vouchers for Corporation and Visiting Committee members
The MIT Corporation Office offers to reimburse Corporation and Visiting Committee members for expenses incurred during travel to and from the Institute for Corporation and Visiting Committee meetings. All reimbursements are based on receipts and are made at the discretion of the Corporation Office, in accordance with MIT Travel Office policies.
- Non-refundable economy air or rail fares
- Travel reservation fees
- Checked baggage fees
(first checked bag only)
- Hotel room charges (typically 2 nights for a visiting committee meeting, 1 night for a Corporation meeting, in room blocks at negotiated/MIT rate)
- Hotel internet connections
- Mileage for private automobiles (at prevailing
rate) and parking fees
- Taxi and public transportation fares
- Meals during travel to and from MIT
(itemized receipts only, including for expenses billed to hotel rooms; per diem expenses do not apply)
- Refundable economy class airfare
- First class and business class airfare
- Private aircraft
- Travel change/upgrades fees
- Hotel in-room minibar charges; premium channel charges
- Limousine and car service charges
- Rental cars
- Telephone calls
- Alcoholic beverages
- Other personal expenses
We ask members to contact the Corporation Office — prior to making travel plans — with any questions about this policy or with any exceptional requests. Members who elect to travel in a class other than economy or who travel on multi-leg trips should obtain a printed price quote for a non-refundable economy fare for a round trip fare to Boston from their starting location. This documentation should be included with the request.
We urge all members to make transportation arrangements as early as possible to obtain reasonable rates for air travel.
Committee members may take advantage of special MIT travel rates through Leeanne Locke (617-497-8138) at The Travel Collaborative.
Original receipts mounted on 8 1/2 x 11" paper (no staples, please) and a completed Travel Expense Voucher
should be submitted within seven
weeks following the meeting to:
The Office of the Corporation
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
77 Massachusetts Avenue, Room 7-203
Cambridge, MA 02139-4307
Submitting organized, original receipts with an expense voucher will expedite submission to the MIT Travel Office. Expenses submitted after the seven week deadline will not be processed.
Please note that reimbursements will be processed in 8-10 weeks.
Updated May 13, 2016
[Return to top]