Part 1. Values and Value Judgments
Part 2. Ethical Requirements on Action
Part 3. Moral Character and Responsibility
Part 4. Privacy, Confidentiality, Intellectual Property and the Law
2. The URL for the WWW Ethics Center for Engineering and Science is: http://web.mit.edu/ethics/www/ The URL will change when the Center gets its own server. The old URL should have a pointer to the new location or you may contact the author. The NSPE case are available in hard copy in the volumes V, VI, & VII of Opinions of the Board of Ethical Review Alexandria Virginia: National Society of Professional Engineers.
3. "Lotus - New Program Spurs Fears Privacy Could be Undermined." The Wall Street Journal, 13 Nov. 1990, p. B1 and "Lotus is Likely to Abandon Consumer-Data Project." The Wall Street Journal, 24 Jan. 1991, p. B1.
4. Article I Section 8, clause 8, U.S. Constitution.
5. See Black's Law Dictionary, Sixth Edition. St. Paul: West Publishing Company, 1990, 336-37.
6. Henry David Thoreau, "Civil Disobedience." Reprinted in Civil Disobedience in Focus. pp. 28-48. Edited by Hugo A. Bedau. New York and London: Routledge.