7.24 meets with 7.88j, 5.48J, and 10.543J. The materials and information for this class can be found on Stellar.
Mechanisms by which the amino acid sequence of polypeptide chains determines their three-dimensional conformation.
- Topics include:
- sequence determinants of secondary structure;
- folding of newly synthesized polypeptide chains within cells;
- unfolding and refolding of proteins in vitro;
- folding intermediates aggregation and competing off-pathway reactions;
- role of chaperonins, isomerases, and other helper proteins;
- protein recovery problems in the biotechnology industry;
- diseases associated with protein folding defects.