Is There Light at the End of the Tunnel?
AACRE 2009 Spring Symposium: Today's Economy and the Challenges & Opportunities Ahead; Keynote by Michael Dukakis
Symposium Date: Friday, April 24, 2009
The economic tunnel has seemed rather dark of late — is there light at the end? The short answer is yes. But questions remain about when, where, and how it will come, and specifically how the economy and the stimulus will affect jobs and capital.
On Friday April 24, some of the most respected minds in real estate will gather at MIT to shine a light on the future of this turbulent market.
Keynote speaker Michael Dukakis, former governor of Massachusetts, will join leading researchers, economists, and industry practitioners to tackle the question everyone is asking. This half-day symposium is sponsored by the MIT Alumni Association of the Center for Real Estate (AACRE) in partnership with the Urban Land Institute of Boston (ULI-Boston).
Save the date -- don't miss this chance to see the light!
Friday, April 24, 2009
MIT Faculty Club, 50 Memorial Drive, 6th floor (click here for directions)
7:45 a.m. Registration and Breakfast
8:15 a.m. Program Begins
12:00 p.m. Program Concludes
Panel 1: Where are we, and where are we going? The economy, the stimulus, and the impact on jobs and capital.
- Moderator: Doug Poutasse, NCREIF
- Barry Bluestone, Northeastern University, Director, Center for Urban and Regional Policy
- Ed Glaeser, Harvard University, Director of the Rappaport Institute for Greater Boston and of the Taubman Center for State and Local Government
- Bill Wheaton, MIT, Co-founder, Torto Wheaton Research
Panel 2: Thinking back and looking ahead: The state of the real estate market today.
- Sarah Abrams, President, Fidelity Real Estate
- Stephen Karp, Chairman & CEO, New England Development
- Paul Marcus, CEO, Marcus Partners
- Bill McLaughlin, Senior Vice President & Northeast Development Director, Avalon Bay Communities
Michael Dukakis, former Governor of Massachusetts.
Registration: Click here
- AACRE Members - $75
- ULI Members - $100
- Non-members/Guests - $125
- MIT/CRE Students - $0
- Other Students - $25
- Non-CRE MIT Affliates (Alumnus, Faculty, Staff) - $100
- ULI member or Employee of ULI member firm - $100
Note: If you do not have an Infinite Connection username and password, click on the "Non IC Account Registration" button.
Sponsored by the MIT Center for Real Estate Alumni Association (MIT AACRE) in partnership with the Urban Land Institute-Boston (ULI-Boston)