As a Partner of the MIT Center for Real Estate, you have special opportunities to take part in events and get involved with Center research and education. We encourage you to explore ways to get involved.
Student Education and Research
MIT/CRE partners can participate in the MSRED program as speakers, work with students on thesis research, and recruit graduates from the program. Partners can also get involved as a student mentor or host a student internship.
- Student Theses: Partners may receive priority in sponsoring student theses and may also work with students on research-related initiatives relevant to their firms. (Download information about how to sponsor a thesis (pdf, 23K))
Conferences, Seminars, and Courses
- Forums on Issues and Innovations in Real Estate (FIRE): The primary partner representative and a guest are invited to participate in this seminar series, which is held in strategic locations around the world. Each forum focuses on a cutting edge topic inspired by the locale, the sponsor's expertise, or by updates on the latest research coming out of the Center. Partners have priority in co-sponsoring these events.
- To discuss sponsoring an event, please contact Lisa Thoma, Associate Director, at 617-253-2680
- Professional Development Institute (PDIs): Partners receive special rates for the Center's professional development courses, including a 50% discount for on-campus courses for all employees of partner firms. Courses may be customized to address partner needs if there is a large enough group of participants. Future courses will be held internationally and in other non-MIT locations.
- To discuss a customized course, please contact Lisa Thoma, Associate Director, at 617-253-2680