ESIL, Polytech, Campus
Marseille Winter School on Multiscale Porous Materials
Program, presentations, info>> [updated Feb 15, 2013]
It's our pleasure to announce the launch of the first Winter School on
Multi-scale Porous Materials for Energy and Environment to be held in Marseille
(ESIL-Polytech, campus de Luminy of Aix-Marseille Université (AMU) under the
auspices of AM*IDEX, Marseille-Campus of Excellence and CNRS), January 25-30th
This school will be organized on the form of series of lecturers in English (30
hours in total on one week) given by colleagues listed here below. the school
is primarily targeting grad students and postdocs of the Gdr-i teams. In
addition the school will be opened to grad students from Marseille Polytech
school of engineering and material science. The audience max will be 75 people
on a first arrived, first served basis. Please contact Roland Pellenq AND
Philippe Dumas for any information
and registration asap (deadline January 15 2013 for registration).
• Franz Ulm, (CEE, MIT) Mechanics at different scales, from the nano upwards - Alain Baronnet (CINAM, AMU-CNRS), Electronic Microscopy applied to cement, clays...
• Sidney Yip (NSE, MIT) Metadynamics simulation, bridging time and length scales
• Pierre Levitz (PECSA, CNRS-UMPC, Paris) Multiscale Porous and colloidal Media:
structure (morphology + topolopgy) and transport properties.
• Themis Apostolidis (LPS, INSERM-AMU, Aix en Provence) The energy debate in
our society, social acceptability, and beyond... what is at stake?
• Jean-Pierre Samama (Synchrotron SOLEIL, Paris): spectroscpopy and imaging with
synchrotron light, a new tool for complex systems.
• Emanuela Del Gado (EHT Zurich): Statistical physics of interacting colloidal
Lecture notes will be made available of the GDR-i webwite after the school
From a practical point of view, the school will be help at Polytech-ESIL school
of Engineering on Luminy Campus. Buses will be provided for attendees from
Marseille downtown to the Luminy campus. We strongly suggest to book hotels
close to Marseille old harbor (Vieux port in French) as it is (i) a nice area
(ii) the place of bus departure every morning (iii) there are a lot of hotels
there at affordable price (seek for 2 * hotels or higher grade).
The school will take care of lunches every day and bus connection (Luminy campus
and visit) but evening meals hotel and traveling expenses are on participants
As you may have realized, there is a Saturday and a Sunday in the time slot of
the school. We will organize for attendeed the visit of Aix-en-Provence or
Looking forward to seeing you in Marseille in January
Roland Pellenq, Philippe Dumas, Pierre Levitz, Christophe Bichara