DormCon Meeting Minutes - March 15, 2006
Present: Burton Conner, East Campus, Simmons, Random, New House, Senior House, MacGregor, Next, McCormick, Baker!
- Schedule is set, looks good. Freshmen will be on campus early, back from FPOPS on time.
- Now time to get funding. Dining halls will be open, which will help with making dinners cheaper for in-dorm dinner on Sunday night.
- Sarah Hopp needs to get names of all dorms' rex chairs so she can start communicating with them. Also send CPW chairs' names while you're at it.
- Still need people to host prefrosh, especially women.
- Need people to lead prefrosh to their temp dorms.
- There will be a housing panel on Friday evening, email nedzel if you're interested.
- This Friday is deadline for dorm hospitality funding proposals.
- The 19th is deadline for submitting events for publicizing.
- If you're here over spring break call up reg-action prefrosh with admissions.
- Next Monday or Tuesday go to Emmanuel College to see what dining is like over there. Not mandatory at all, just a good experience. Funded by Bon Apetit.
- Deans from a couple of other colleges (Duke and ?) came here and studied the way we do housing. Essentially said it's strange but works for us, and there shouldn't be such a big rift between different governments.
- Currently waiting for Larry Ben's reaction.
- DTYD Burton Conner would like $3,000. Needs to pay for live band, bartending service, etc.
- Other dorms have events planned, but few details (Simmons, Baker, New, etc.)
- Every dorm agrees to $3,000
- East Campus Wed. April 5th 6PM